Friday, January 27, 2012

" In memory of my grandfather – Masala Garlic Peanuts "



" In memory of my grandfather – Masala Garlic Peanuts "

My grandfather, an entrepreneur himself, is the reason we are doing what we are doing. He encouraged us to pursue our dreams of starting our own business and it was his words of wisdom, continual support and mentoring that kept us going from the very first days of starting from nothing.
Always radiating positivity and having good things to say about everyone and everything, he means a lot to me has given me a lot in return and is a part of who I am today.
Upon leaving my grandparents home two weeks ago, I was given a parting gift of some masala peanuts, my grandfather really enjoyed.
I would like to share with you this recipe which I made today in my grandfather’s memory.

“  Masala Garlic Peanuts "

Ingredients:
2 cups raw peanuts, roasted
½ cup chick pea flour (besan or gram flour)
¼ cup rice flour
2 tsp. Chili Pepper’s Madras Masala
1 tsp. sea salt
¼ tsp. Chili Pepper’s Garam Masala + extra 1/4 tsp. to garnish
3 cloves garlic, finely minced
½ cup water
1 tbsp. oil
2 tsp. oil
sea salt, to taste

Method: 

In a bowl mix together chick pea flour, rice flour, Chili Pepper’s Madras Masala, sea salt, Chili Pepper’s Garam Masala and garlic. Add water and mix to create a paste. Add peanuts and coat well.

In a skillet, heat oil on medium high heat. Add peanuts and toast for 5-7 minutes. Garnish with a sprinkling of sea salt and Chili Pepper’s Chili Pepper’s Garam Masala. Makes 2 cups.

Tip: For even better results – toast masala peanuts in 425 F oven for 10 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

“Bengali Thali [Bhau Khuda Pulao, Macher Jhol, Doi Phool Gobi, Loochi & Rasmalai] by Chef 👨‍🍳Prashant-Adsule ❤️❤️ ❤️”  #chefprasha...